Our policy complies with our obligations under the Australian Privacy Principles that form part of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (as amended) and the Privacy Regulation 2013.
What personal information we collect and why:
Memocorp may collect the following type of personal information from our unincorporated and incorporated tenants, guarantors and other individuals related to our tenants during negotiations for, and during the term of, the lease/licence for premises, kiosks and other activities at Memocorp properties including its shopping centres:
• name, address and date of birth;
• contact and insurance details,
• information as to tenants standing and retailing experience; and
• other financial and trading information
Memocorp uses this information to evaluate whether as landlord it should enter into a lease, licence or other agreement with a tenant including any assignment of lease, to assist Memocorp in the preparation of that document and in connection with the management and to monitor the performance of its properties including its shopping centres. Occasionally, the information may also be made available to others in connection with these activities, in order for those people to provide services to our tenants or as required by law, as well as to third parties in connection with any transactions involving the ownership of the Memocorp properties.
If the tenant provides Memocorp with direct debit or direct credit details, Memocorp will only disclose those details to Memocorp’s bank to facilitate the provision of that service.
Also Memocorp properties are under video and camera surveillance and this information may be used by Memocorp in connection with the management and security of the Memocorp properties including its shopping centres and may be provided to law enforcement and government bodies, insurers, and staff or its security contractors. This information is held securely and in a format which is access controlled, unless it is necessary to use this information for these purposes.
If you are employed by Memocorp, Memocorp may collect personal information about you in connection with your employment. This information may include your name, date of birth, contact information, and any other information you provide, or provided on your behalf, as part of our induction and compliance processes. This information will be used for the purposes of managing your employment, in accordance with the requirements of the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) (as amended) and the Privacy Regulation 2013.
Other information we collect
We may also collect the following information:
• where devices are able to connect to, or are identifiable by, in-centre or office infrastructure, we may collect data including usage, location and type of device, from those devices;
• fully qualified domain name from which you accessed our websites, or alternatively, your IP address;
• date and time you accessed each page on our websites;
• URL of any webpage from which you accessed our websites;
• cookies which track your visits to our web sites; and
• web browser that you are using and the pages you accessed.
We use this information so that we can tell which pages are the most popular and where shoppers spend most of their time. We use this information to improve our website. If this information is linked with personal information we hold about you as set out above, this information becomes personal information and will be treated in the same manner as the personal information to which it has been linked.
How your personal information is stored and kept secure
All personal information collected by Memocorp is held securely, whether on Memocorp’s physical files, in Memocorp’s computer systems or in a database. The computer database is protected by a firewall. This information is only made available to Memocorp staff on a ‘need to know’ basis or to other people as outlined in this policy who have agreed to treat that information confidentially.
Disclosing your personal information
We understand how important it is to keep your personal information private, so we will disclose personal information we have about you only in certain specific circumstances, when:
• you agree to the disclosure;
• we use it for the purposes we collected it; or
• disclosure is required or authorised by law.
Further information regarding Australian Privacy Legislation
If you would like further information relating to the Australian Privacy Legislation and the Australian Privacy Principles, please visit www.privacy.gov.au.
Please contact Memocorp or your centre or building manager if you believe:
• someone has gained access to your personal information by mistake; or
• we have breached our privacy obligations or your privacy rights in any way.